B : Budget. Simpler properties that cater to travelers that are on a budget. They have basic necessities and usually have shared bathroom facilities.
T: Tourist. Properties that have been rated 2 or 3 stars. These are usually good value for money, something that doesn't break the bank too much.
L: Luxury. Properties that have been rated 4 or 5 stars. Expect a higher level of service, higher quality furnishings and decor and extra additional services.
*Those that have dorm rooms will be stated.
- Base Airlie Beach (B)
- Calypso Inn Backpackers (B)
- Gilligan's Backpackers Hotel and Resort (T)
- Baronet Apartments (T)
- Solnamara Beachfront Apartments (T)
Situated in Burleigh Heads, about mid-way between Coolangatta airport and Surfers Paradise. It's the perfect location to situate yourself to have either the party lifestyle that Surfers offers, or the quiet and relaxed atmosphere that Burleigh Heads has.http://www.solnamara.com.au
- Nomads Island Backpacker Resort (T)
- Causeway Inn on the Mall (T)
- Nomads Melbourne (T)Melbourne's newest flashpackers. Has dorm rooms and private rooms available.
- Base Sydney (B)Good location and great staff.
Koh Rong Island, Sihanoukville
- Coco's Bungalow Resort (T)Right by the wharf and right in the heart of Koh Rong's 'night life'. It's one of the most popular accommodations on the island. It has a range of hotel style rooms and bungalows and are just recently building dorm rooms to cater to all types of travelers. Their restaurant serves delicious food at reasonable prices and their cocktails aren't too bad either.
- Treehouse Bungalows (T)
- 88 Backpackers Resort (T)Good location, about a 10 - 15 minute walk away from the Riverside. Great staff and you can easily book your bus or train tickets here. There are no direct website I could find but this is listed on HostelWorld. Cost roughly USD$7 for a dorm room, per night.
- Siem Reap Hostel (B)(T)About a 10 minute walk from Pub Street and the night markets. Has a travel centre and a great set up. Pool, bar, yoga area, movie room and pool table. Cost roughly USD$7 for a dorm room, per night.
- Beachcomber Island Resort (T)
- Horizon Backpackers (B)Dorm rooms only. Good first stop for travelers.
(No website could be found).
- Mantaray Island Resort (T)This place has three types of accommodation available. Dorm, private rooms with shared bathroom facilities or private rooms with their own ensuite. This is an eco-friendly property so they have odorless self composting toilets (aka very fancy long drops!). The good news is that it does not smell one bit!
- Nadi Bay Resort Hotel (T)Offers dorms and private rooms. Dorm rooms either have their own bathroom ensuite or else has shared facilities with another dorm room.
- Smugglers Cove (T)Offers dorm style and private room options. Beach side property and an outdoor swimming pool.
- BP International House (T)Good value for money and good location.
- Eaton Hotel (L)Best valued 4-star hotel in Hong Kong.
-The Anne Black YWCA (T)Convenience and comfort. For female travelers, there is one floor dedicted just for you.
- Granny's Hostel (B)Awesome staff and great set up. A little away from the beach but well worth the stay. Mainly dorm beds available, one private room with shared facilities and one private room with ensuite. Located in Kuta, Bali.
- Novotel Kuta, Lombok (L)Own private beach and little hidden coves around the area. Great decor and food.
**Please note that there are many different properties in Indonesia that don't have the resources to advertise online. These two were great places I stayed in, but I also stayed at others whilst there which we had found just by walking around.
- Khammany Inn Hostel (B)
- Mandala Ou (T) (L)
- Blue Bird Hotel (T)
- Wai Wai Place (Wai Wai Bed and Breakfast (T)(B)
- Reggae Mansion (T)
- Pagoda Lodge (B)(T)
- Peaks Motor Inn (T)
- Rotorua Motel (T)
- Boracay Regency Resort (L)
- Frendz Resort Boracay (B)Dorm rooms and private rooms available. Has great staff and is set a couple minutes off the beach. A great place if you want to meet people and just want something a little more than just a room. WIFI here worked exceptionally well and is in walking distance to D*Mall. This place came highly recommended by fellow backpackers.
- Balaibinda Lodge (T)This is located right in the heart of Coron and near their local markets. The establishment is pretty small but it still feels uncluttered and peaceful. It's tastefully decorated and the staff are very polite. Their WIFI is also surprisingly fast, sometimes cuts in and out but not too often. This is definitely an affordable place with a great location.
-Sophia's Garden Resort (L)
- Aggie Greys Resort (L)About 10 minutes away from the airport on it's own man-made lagoon. There are free shuttle services between here and the bungalows.
- Aggie Greys Hotel and Bungalows (T)About 20 minutes away from the airport, near the heart of town. There are free shuttle services between here and the Resort.
- Lauiula Beach Fales (B)
- Hangout (T)Dorm rooms and private rooms are available.
- Peninsular Excelsior Hotel (L)Good location with easy access to Orchard Street.
- Zen Backpackers (T)
Located in Seomyeon, a great place for food and nightlife. About mid-way to both bus terminals and to the KTX station. Awesome down-to-earth kind of guy running the place. He has excellent English and a great set up.
- Backpacker's Home (T)
- YEHA Guesthouse (게스트하우스) (T)
- Redfish Heart of Seoul (T)Located in Insadong, the cultural and artistic area of Seoul. It's about a 5 to 10 minute walk to Insadong and only one or two stops away from the most popular palaces in Seoul. It's right next to Jungno-3ga subway station so it's easy to get to and from anywhere from this hostel.
- Lub D Bangkok (B)Two locations available depending on where you would like to base yourself. Dorm rooms and private rooms available.
- Royal Hotel (L)
- Sawadee Bangkok Inn (B)Close walk to Khao Sann Road and a few of the popular temples in Bangkok.
- Sawadee Khaosann Inn (B)A good budget place to just lay your head. Right around the corner from Khao Sann Road.
-Eco Resort Chiang Mai (T)For all you nature lovers. Offers cheap accommodation of the budget-minded travelers. Has shared rooms as well as private rooms.
-Bed and Terrace Guesthouse Chiang Mai (T)
-The North Hotel (B)(T)
- Le Charme Sukhothai Resort (T)Situated near Old Sukhothai. Great value for money with amazing surroundings and a great restaurant.
- Las Vegas Hostel (B)
- Hacienda Hotel (T)
- USA Hostel Hollywood (B)
HanoiSee my post on the accommodation for this city: Little Hanoi Diamond
Ho Chi Minh City
- Lofi Inn Saigon (B)(T)Right around the corner from the 'backpacker' area. This is a relatively new property for the city. Rooms are around USD$7 for a dorm bed and they offer help to book buses or tours within the city. They use an old style apartment building so be ready to climb a lot of stairs.