Sunday, June 30, 2013

Favourite travel memory

I have quite a few favourite travel memories. All of my trips have been very memorable in their own unique way but this one just popped into my head today.

Short story: I blew a fuse in the electrical box in the hostel I stayed in at Siem Reap, Cambodia. This caused the whole hostel to shut down and have no electricity for a good half hour or so until they fixed it. Even better, the hostel had been out of electricity for the last couple of days and that day was the first day they had their power back up and running and at full power, too.

This was my last day there and I had already checked out. I was about to leave to take an overnight bus to Phnom Penh but decided to make use of their pool one last time before the bus came. I had plugged my phone into the wall and as it didn't work properly I fiddled around with it. There was a loud POP! and scorch marks around the plug. All heads turned my way....and all I could do was stand there with my jaw dropped. I looked to my travel buddies with a 'wth should I do' look in my eyes. First instinct was to do a runner! But...there were witnesses. I don't know what would have happened had there not been someone who could fix it!

Lesson learned:  Don't buy cheap iPhone charger knock-offs! Buy a travel adaptor before you arrive in the country you're travelling to!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment